Saturday, October 10, 2009

Super Excellent =D

Heroes

Super Excellent

Oxford dictionary defines a hero as “a person who is admired for their courage or outstanding achievements” or “a person of superhuman qualities”, I thought a lot about this definition and I thought a lot of having a real hero to write about, and luckily I found many heroes in my life; my parents, my siblings and many people whom I met in my life and left their marks or people who still have a big impact in changing me and my life to the best. But finally I came to realize, what is better than writing about the person I know the most; myself. My own qualities that qualify me to be considered as a hero or as I like to call myself “a Super hero “. My essay will be about how being me makes me a hero.

I was a normal 17 years old girl, who just started a whole new life in a foreign country, alone, and living with strangers in students dorm. A girl who didn’t know that she has less than one year to live as a normal person and that there is a whole new chapter in her life full [of] with bravery and courage.

A week after my 18th birthday, I became a hero. I felt an excruciating pain all over my body and I was alone and almost disabled, but having a goal in front of me encouraged me to ignore everything and go on. Walking to school, taking care of my small dorm room, and studying hard, [-]all this was a piece of cake for the sake of becoming what I’ve always dreamed of, being a dentist. Three months passed, but it felt like years. Day after day I became more disabled, eventually I decided to seek medical help, with the hope that it will take a few pills maybe an injection to relief my pain and I’ll be back to my college and I’ll continue on my journey to fulfill my dream. But it didn’t turn out the way I want. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, which means that I’m “out of joints “, ending every hope of becoming a dentist.

Living with this kind of invisible disability is an everyday challenge, especially when I get misjudged by people; not to mention, the creaking knees, the awful pain that won’t go away, the insensitive medications with cruel side effects. In addition to the endless treatment plans, treatment trips, and hospital trips. Moreover, I’ve got to learn to live with all of that and still be able to go to school with no breaks to catch my breath. I had to come up with a whole new life plan that suits me and all important people in my life. And am not ashamed to say, that what happened to me entitles me to be called a hero.

Almost five years passed, and I became an entirely new person. In my opinion, what makes me a hero is that I was able to understand what I was going through and set my abilities and limitations, and I knew when to stop and when to get going. I knew how to bring the best out of myself and to stand against myself, all in order to become a better person for me and for others , I discovered who is the real me .

Super Excellent

I hope this is all your work.

__________________________________

Here is the essay I was talking about on Thursday; the part written in red is the instructor’s comment.

I really felt speechless in two ways, reading super excellent made me so happy but I think the part that made me speechless is “I hope this is all your work”, I felt a bit sad, but I know deep down that he’ll know in a way or another that this is my work, enough with sadness, I just want to enjoy my small VICTORY =D.

Eventually “from the heart to the heart” is true, I wrote it from my heart and it reached another heart , although I’m feeling depressed , this “half” comment from my instructor made my day .

How ironic , all this because of RA, all my ups and downs are caused by RA.

Thank God, Thank you =).

Stay tuned for another RA princess fairytale =)

No comments:

Post a Comment